Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Something Masculine


I'm always struggling to make those masculine cards even though I'm a Mom to three boys. I think this is a good masculine card though. I really like the Outlaw double sided paper and couldn't wait to use it. I started out with a Creamy Caramel base for the card. Stamped stars from the Starstruck set on the upper part with Versamark. Sponged the edges with Really Rust. Added the Outlaw paper to the bottom. I punched a piece of Really Rust for the scallop, 1 inch punch for Creamy Caramel, and 3/4 inch for the star that I stamped in Chocolate Chip onto Vanilla card stock. I sponged the edges of the Really Rust scallop with Chocolate Chip and then sponged it lightly. I used a antique brass brad in the center of the layered punched pieces and dimentionals to attach them to the card. The greeting is stamped in Chocolate Chip. I made this card for a couple of swaps and will be making some more on request as some friends saw it and asked me to make some for them! It's always exciting to be asked to make something special! Makes ya feel warm and fuzzy!
Now I gotta go.....I have more stamping to do for a get together on Saturday! Nothing like waiting until the last minute!!

No comments: